Forum Discussion

rafaelflores
Icon for Contributor rankContributor
13 days ago
Solved

Meraki Organization Discovery DA unaligned from Cloud Controller

Hello SL1 Community,

I accidently unaligned the Meraki Organization Discovery DA from the virtual Cloud Controller after I saw the Meraki Organization Discovery DA app align to devices that were not Meraki.

After the virtual Cloud Controller has discovered a Meraki Organization, is there an issue if the Virtual Cloud Controller gets deleted or the Meraki Organization Discovery DA gets un-aligned from the Virtual Cloud Controller?

We still see the Meraki Component devices collecting data, SL responded with:

The only effect deleting the virtual cloud controller device or un-aligning those collections will have is that new organizations won’t be onboarded when they appear in Meraki and changes to existing Meraki Organization metadata, such as “name” won’t be updated either.

This should not cause any problems for you, but we haven’t tested the effects of deleting or un-aligning these items. If you see a new Meraki Org not get discovered, then that might be related.

• Thanks for sharing this here! I'll split out the response we provided (that you shared) in this comment so we can mark it as the solution. Thanks! 

------------

This applies to Meraki API v114 and previous versions.

The only effect deleting the virtual cloud controller device or un-aligning those collections will have is that new organizations won’t be onboarded when they appear in Meraki and changes to existing Meraki Organization metadata, such as “name” won’t be updated either.

This should not cause any problems for you, but we haven’t tested the effects of deleting or un-aligning these items. If you see a new Meraki Org not get discovered, then that might be related.

1 Reply

• Thanks for sharing this here! I'll split out the response we provided (that you shared) in this comment so we can mark it as the solution. Thanks! 

------------

This applies to Meraki API v114 and previous versions.