Forum Discussion

miles_cross
Participant
12 days ago
Solved

SharePoint 2013 Monitoring

Hi,

We have SharePoint 2013 installed and would like to monitor the application.  Is there a powerpack for SharePoint 2013 or other ways to monitor SharePoint 2013?  I looked at the one available to download.  The manual show it only supports 2010.

NOTE: The Dynamic Applications in this PowerPack support SharePoint Server 2010 SE.

Thanks

• The current Sharepoint PowerPack is supported for SP 2013 but not for higher versions. We will not be supporting higher versions as most enterprises are switching to Sharepoint Online which is supported by O365 PowerPack

4 Replies

• Hello miles_cross,

Thank you for the question and for looking into the Powerpack details. I have seen the same information that the Powerpack only monitors up to SharePoint 2010.

The Powerpack itself was released back in 2015 on March 25th and it only has a single release - Version 1.0. It has had no updates or work done to it since. I would imagine as SharePoint 2013 went End of Life last year April 11, 2023 that we would have no plans to do anything with this.

With that being said you could always speak to your Customer Success Manager who maybe able to find out if we have any future plans for this. As they will liaise with Product Managers to get an answer. In the meantime I have asked the relevant Internal Team if we have any plans around this and will respond back here when I get a response.

Regards,
    Trevor.

Trevor Jackson | Technical Support Engineer
    Join those who trust ScienceLogic to execute their AIOps vision. Share your experience today.
    US: +1 571-418-7456 | UK: +44 20 3828 7456 | AU: +61 2 8294 7456 | SG +65 3163 8579 | US Toll Free: (800) SCI-LOGIC (724-5644)

• Hello miles_cross ,

Thank you for the question and for looking into the Powerpack capabilities. I have seen the same that it only monitors up to SharePoint 2010.

The Powerpack itself was released back in 2015 on March 25th and it only has a single release - Version 1.0.
    I would imagine as SharePoint 2013 went End of Life last year April 11, 2023 that we would have no plans to do anything with this.

With that being said you could always speak to your Customer Success Manager who maybe able to find out if we have any future plans for this as they will liaise with Product Managers to get an answer. In the meantime I have reached out to the relevant Internal Team if we have any plans around this.

Regards,
    Trevor.

Trevor Jackson | Technical Support Engineer
    Join those who trust ScienceLogic to execute their AIOps vision. Share your experience today.
    US: +1 571-418-7456 | UK: +44 20 3828 7456 | AU: +61 2 8294 7456 | SG +65 3163 8579 | US Toll Free: (800) SCI-LOGIC (724-5644)

• miles_cross I have had some feedback from the Team on this. They have said the code in the powershell requests are coded to deal with v14 and greater. This should include  SP 2010 and greater so that indicates it's been written to collect for higher versions on 2010. The best thing to do would be to align it to the 2013 Server and test to see how it behaves. However the feedback is that it should collect some data points.

• The current Sharepoint PowerPack is supported for SP 2013 but not for higher versions. We will not be supporting higher versions as most enterprises are switching to Sharepoint Online which is supported by O365 PowerPack