How do I format detailed Email Message from an Alert Formula

Hello ALL

I have the following formula for an unhealthy alert object: 

result('o_31218', label="DataGuard is o_31218 logs behind in following Env:
PrimaryDB:o_31214  
SecondaryDB: o_31215 
LastLogRec: o_31217 
Difference: o_31218 ") >= 0

How can I get the Subject to contain object o_31214 and the body of the email to display what is listed in the above Policy Formula with the objects replaced with actual values ?

• Hi Marc,

One quick note, an object that is a string in needs to be in quotes, single or double is fine. Is the PrimaryDB object a string?

Here is an example of an alert formula technique that is not well known, but might help in this case:

If you are trying to then have this Event Message land in an outbound email using the Run Book Action Send Email Action, you will use the internal variable "%M" (case sensitive). It will provide the Event Message with substitutions.

• Hi Marc,

One quick note, an object that is a string in needs to be in quotes, single or double is fine. Is the PrimaryDB object a string?

Here is an example of an alert formula technique that is not well known, but might help in this case:

If you are trying to then have this Event Message land in an outbound email using the Run Book Action Send Email Action, you will use the internal variable "%M" (case sensitive). It will provide the Event Message with substitutions.