Forum Discussion

Thomas
Icon for Contributor II rankContributor II
22 days ago

Issues with Collectors at 12.1.2 OL8 & Powershell?

Last week we upgraded our Lab Env to 12.1.2 and the DB's to OL8. Tried the in-place collector upgrade to OL8 and only one of the two collectors upgraded. The other is still at OL7. Each collector is in it's own collector group.

We have Windows devices 3 of them at ver 2019, 2016, & 2012 using AD credentials and port 5986. Concurrent Powershell is enabled. The servers were on the OL7 collector and data collection was working just fine.

I moved the Windows devices to the Collector running OL8 and data collection stopped working. If I disabled Concurrent Powershell for that OL8 collector, data started collecting again. So far I have not found anything in the logs.

Linux and MSSql are working fine with out issue (so far).

Has anyone else seen this with Windows since upgrading DB's and Collectors to 12.1.2 OL8

• Yes, as Savage pointed out this is likely due to the container being set to FIPS mode.  This is the KB Article about it https://support.sciencelogic.com/s/article/14861.  You'll need to open a support case to get an updated container version that will match the setting to what the OS has set.

Regards,

Erick

Savage
    Icon for Contributor II rankContributor II

Hello Thomas , 

I believe this is most likely due to the container that concurrent powershell is ran on for OL8 has FIPS mode enabled or the ciphers where updated. I don't remember for sure but I do recall coming into a similiar issue with normal Windows 2012 and I believe 2012 R2 barely worked it was hit or miss when I was testing this. Perhaps someone else can speak to this but just what i remember from testing before we did our upgrade. 

Thanks,
    Savage

ErickBurgess
      Icon for Moderator rankModerator

Yes, as Savage pointed out this is likely due to the container being set to FIPS mode.  This is the KB Article about it https://support.sciencelogic.com/s/article/14861.  You'll need to open a support case to get an updated container version that will match the setting to what the OS has set.

Regards,

Erick