Forum Discussion

JMast3rs
Icon for Contributor rankContributor
3 months ago

silo_apps Library for Python 3

Starting the process over converting our Python2 PowerPacks to Python3. I created a Python3 Execution Environment, but there was not a ScienceLogic Silo library for python3 to add. Does this need to be download from SL and imported? Or do I use Py2 Library?

Without this library in my Dynamic Application it wont be able to interact with SL1.

• Hello JMast3rs,

Glad to see you are working on the Python 3 conversion.  You'll need to upgrade one of the ScienceLogic PowerPacks you use that includes silo_apps to the Python 3 version of that PowerPack.  You'll then have a Python 3 version of silo_apps available to use.

Regards,

Erick

2 Replies

• Hello JMast3rs,

Glad to see you are working on the Python 3 conversion.  You'll need to upgrade one of the ScienceLogic PowerPacks you use that includes silo_apps to the Python 3 version of that PowerPack.  You'll then have a Python 3 version of silo_apps available to use.

Regards,

Erick

• Hi Erick,

Thats worked! I imported an SL Cisco PowerPack, and found the updated "silo_apps" that was version 3.7.6.

I created my own custome Execution Environments with that library and got credentials working.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

James