Forum Discussion

Abhishek_Garg
Participant
3 months ago

SL1 Architecture for DR Endpoint Devices failover monitoring

What is the best sl1 architecture for monitoring endpoint Devices in DR site during OS VM's/application failover to DR site 

Issac
    2 months ago

You can create a CUG with 4 DC 2 in primary site and 2 in DR site where the communication of devices must be established for all collectors from to end devices . If the DC from PR site goes down the DR DC will take care of the polling 

6 Replies

• Hello, I think we need more details on this.

Bcz, if you create a CUG of 4 DCs 2 from PR site and 2 from DR site, end point will land on any of the 4 collectors from CUG, During the PR site outage all the end points will move to DR site DC, in that case we cannot use the full capacity of all 4 DCs, instead we will have to use full capacity of only 2 collectors as during the PR outage only 2 DCs will be functional.

• Hello, I also send you a private message. Please take a look at and respond to the clarification comment from Issac who is trying to help you get an answer. Best, Sara 

Issac
    Contributor III

The end devices here you are referring the servers with agents or Network devices ? 

Abhishek_Garg
      Participant

Scenario i am talking about is for example Azure VM's (Endpoint windows & Linux VM's)  monitored using Sl1 agentless monitoring. During DR all workloads will be migrated to  DR site with same server configuration.

Issac
        Contributor III

You can create a CUG with 4 DC 2 in primary site and 2 in DR site where the communication of devices must be established for all collectors from to end devices . If the DC from PR site goes down the DR DC will take care of the polling