Forum Discussion

Issac
Contributor III
3 months ago

Unused Powerpacks in Environment

Hi All,

I would like to know how customers are managing the unused powerpacks in their environments , because the recommendation is to delete the  unused powerpacks because it will create some load during nightly discovery process .

In case if we delete those packs also after upgrade it re-appears into stacks. There is any plans to avoid this? 

• I hope other users jump in to share what they do here, but I'd like to clarify that PowerPacks are not automatically upgraded/installed during SL1 version updates. The new files are loaded or "imported" and will appear when you click "install powerpack" in the list of imported PowerPacks. 

Imported = Files on SL1 ready to install
    Install = Files used to create/update DAs, Event Policies, credentials, dashboards, and other PowerPack-able objects on the SL1 system. 

The "update" field in the PowerPack list indicates when a newer version is imported and ready to install. 

2 Replies

• I hope other users jump in to share what they do here, but I'd like to clarify that PowerPacks are not automatically upgraded/installed during SL1 version updates. The new files are loaded or "imported" and will appear when you click "install powerpack" in the list of imported PowerPacks. 

Imported = Files on SL1 ready to install
    Install = Files used to create/update DAs, Event Policies, credentials, dashboards, and other PowerPack-able objects on the SL1 system. 

The "update" field in the PowerPack list indicates when a newer version is imported and ready to install. 

MarkC
    Contributor II

We export the powerpacks and then delete them.  Upgrade them in a dev environment fix any known bugs we know about (like time not handled correctly). Then export and import into production.

System - Manage -PowerPacks