Forum Discussion

Issac
Contributor II
2 months ago
Solved

Extend Internal Interface collection

Hi All,

As a default Sl1 is polling the interfaces with limited metrics , if i need to add few metrics additional is is possible to extend the internal collection?

Basically i don't want to create a new DA and poll the interfaces for the limited metrics , with the same poll cycle i need to capture the additional details.

• I have confirmed with Engineering that ifOperStatus is initially collected by our interface discovery process and then updated by our interface collection process. Therefore, if the interface Collection Frequency is set to 5 minutes, then ifOperStatus will be collected every 5 minutes.

6 Replies

• As a general rule, it not possible for an application administrator to alter the metrics collected by internal collections processed. However, not all interface collection is enabled by default. For example, metrics for errors, discards, and packets are disabled by default. Which metrics did you want to add?

Issac
      Contributor II

Basically i need the data for ifoper status for interface every 5 mins 

JohnProctor
        Icon for Moderator rankModerator

I have confirmed with Engineering that ifOperStatus is initially collected by our interface discovery process and then updated by our interface collection process. Therefore, if the interface Collection Frequency is set to 5 minutes, then ifOperStatus will be collected every 5 minutes.

• Hello Issac, please let us know if this resolved your issue. You can mark one of John's responses as the 'Solution' If its correct. If not, then let us know what other solutions we can dig up for you. Best, Sara