Forum Discussion

Samuel
Participant
2 months ago

Cisco Cat9500FixedSwitchStack Alerts

Cisco: Power Supply problem. Currently, Power Supply (TenGigabitEthernet */*/* Supply Voltage Sensor) status: unavailable Alerts from Cat9500FixedSwitchStack

This is something not an usual alert for cisco devices. I am receiving this alert on Cat9500FixedSwitchStack (Cisco IOS Software [Bengaluru], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 17.6.4). Has any one receiving the same alerts and what's the fix applied.

• Hello Samuel,

I apologize for the delay in getting you a response. The event shows the event source is Dynamic, which means that the event is being generated by a dynamic application aligned to the device. If the dynamic application was auto aligned, then it means SL1 detected that the SNMP OIDs the application collects were detected on the device so this could be a legitimate issue on the end device. In this case, please work with the system administrator to see resolve the issue.

If the dynamic app was manually aligned, then it is possible that the dynamic app does not belong on this device, however, if this was the case, then it would be very unlikely that the dynamic app would be collecting data and generating events. Based on the information provided, this does appear to be a legitimate issue on the end device. Please investigate with the system administrator for that device.

Tony Andres

Senior Technical Support Engineer | ScienceLogic

6 Replies

• Hello Samuel,

What is the full event message, event type, event source and event policy that generated the event?

Tony Andres

Samuel
      Participant

Hi Tony 

Please find details below. 

Event Policy Name - Cisco: Power Supply Unavailable
      Event Message - Cisco: Power Supply problem. Currently, Power Supply (TenGigabitEthernet1/0/18 Supply Voltage Sensor) status: unavailable
      Event Type - Major
      Event Source - Dynamic

Event Policy Name - Cisco: Temperature Unavailable
      Event Message - Cisco: Temperature problem. Currently, Temperature (TenGigabitEthernet1/0/20 Module Temperature Sensor) status: unavailable
      Event Type - Major
      Event Source - Dynamic

TonyAndres
        Icon for Moderator rankModerator

Hello Samuel,

I apologize for the delay in getting you a response. The event shows the event source is Dynamic, which means that the event is being generated by a dynamic application aligned to the device. If the dynamic application was auto aligned, then it means SL1 detected that the SNMP OIDs the application collects were detected on the device so this could be a legitimate issue on the end device. In this case, please work with the system administrator to see resolve the issue.

If the dynamic app was manually aligned, then it is possible that the dynamic app does not belong on this device, however, if this was the case, then it would be very unlikely that the dynamic app would be collecting data and generating events. Based on the information provided, this does appear to be a legitimate issue on the end device. Please investigate with the system administrator for that device.

Tony Andres

Issac
    Contributor III

Hi ,

I hope you are getting these alerts from Cisco Environment Entity  Dynamic application which will discover your fiber channel connected port for temp/power monitoring  which uses CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB.

And there will be one more DA Cisco Environment Status which polls the Actual power and temperature modules and uses CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.

• Thank you Issac for providing MIBs and i will check with logs. Once this issue get fixed from the system end, i will keep things posted here.